Building Classroom Community for First Grade - ClassComm1
The Building Classroom Community Unit for First Grade consists of eight read alouds. Each lesson is intended for multiple days so that from the beginning students are exposed to close reading and the value of multiple readings. We believe the first eight read alouds, or roughly the first two months of school, are critical to setting the tone of your classroom community, read aloud procedures, and expectations for engagement.
Download the FREE Building Classroom Community Unit for First Grade:
- FULL Unit
- Lesson 1 with Allie's Basketball Dream
- Lesson 2 with A Morning with Grandpa
- Lesson 3 with Elizabeti's School
- Lesson 4 with King for a Day
- Lesson 5 with Featherless/Desplumado
- Lesson 6 with Soledad Sigh-Sighs/Soledad suspiros
- Lesson 7 with Butterflies for Kiri
- Lesson 8 with Xochitl and the Flowers/Xóchitl, la Niña de las Flores
Use the Classroom Library Questionnaire to help you determine how culturally responsive your classroom library is.
|Building Classroom Community for First Grade (8 Books):||$96.60|
Classroom Activities, Sharing & Giving, Identity/Self Esteem/Confidence, Responsibility, Overcoming Obstacles, Friendship, Forgiveness, Education, Dreams & Aspirations, Conflict resolution, Empathy/Compassion, Optimism/Enthusiasm, Respect/Citizenship, Self Control/Self Regulation, Collaboration, Kindness/Caring