Author and Illustrator Visits
Schedule an Author Visit!
Whether virtual or in-person, Lee & Low Books is open to working with educators, librarians, event coordinators, etc. to help coordinate author and/or illustrator visits!
Browse our list of authors and illustrators who do virtual and/or in-person visits.
Fill out the Author Appearance Request Form to start the process of setting up a potential visit. Once you've submitted the form, a staff member will be in touch within 5-7 business days.
Things to Consider
Here are some questions to consider to make the most of your visit:
- What is your budget for this event? Authors charge a wide range of honoraria for their visits. You should expect to cover travel expenses plus an agreed-upon honorarium for any visit you are planning. Honorarium range from short free or low-cost Q&As to $200+, especially for in-person and/or longer visits.
- Are you looking for someone local? We have authors and illustrators who live all over the country. If you would like to bring someone in but do not have the budget to cover extensive travel costs, we can help you find someone local.
- What kind of visit do you want? Do you want someone who will do a series of small workshops, or someone who can present to your whole school at once? An in-person visit or a virtual visit? How old will your students be?
- What kind of author or illustrator do you want? We have authors and illustrators from a wide variety of backgrounds and can help you find the right fit for your school.
- What is your timeline? Do you have a set date or are you flexible? Many authors book visits several months in advance. Start planning your visit as early as possible to minimize the chance of a date conflict with your author or illustrator of choice.