Summer Reading Book Lists PreK-8
Keep your kids reading all summer long with the 2018 Diverse Summer Reading List PreK-8 and suggestions from LEE & LOW BOOKS. Fight the summer slide & open your world by reading diverse authors and books.
Watch the 2018 Summer Reading Webinar that discusses the books in more detail and provides research and information about preventing the summer slide and engaging activities to keep reading engaging.
Download, print, and share other Summer Reading Lists for Grades PreK-8 along with free printables.
LEE & LOW Summer Reading Printables:
- Summer Reading Log
- Summer Reading Certificate of Achievement
- Culturally Responsive Classroom Library Questionnaire
- LEE & LOW's grade and book level correlation chart
LEE & LOW Book Catalogs:
Why diverse books? Take a look here:
- The Diversity Gap in Children's Publishing, 2017
- Bringing Diversity to Summer Reading
- Debunking 3 Common Myths About Diverse Books
- “What Does This Book Have To Do With Me?” Why Mirror and Window Books Are Important For All Readers
- Why Do We Need Diverse Books in Non-Diverse Schools?
- Checklist: 8 Steps to Creating A Diverse Book Collection
- Where Can I Find Great Diverse Children’s Books?
- 15 Ideas When Your Child Hates Reading
- How Common Core’s Book Choices Fail Children of Color
- Choosing the World Our Students Read
Additional Summer Reading resources:
• Help Your Students & Families Find the Best Summer Learning Opportunities
• How to Read With Your Rising First Graders and Kinders This Summer
• Book and Activity Suggestions to Match Your Summer Adventure: Zoos!
• Book and Activity Suggestions to Match Your Summer Adventure: Ballparks!
• Book and Activity Suggestions to Match Your Summer Adventure: Beaches!
• Book and Activity Suggestions to Match Your Summer Adventure: National and State Parks!
• Book and Activity Suggestions to Match Your Summer Adventure: Outdoor Summer Concerts!