Lesson Plans and Teacher's Guides
Our Small Group Reading Lesson Plans and Teacher’s Guides promote authentic reading, writing, listening, and speaking experiences and are FREE for classroom use.
These classroom resources offer a wealth of practical and comprehensive ideas for motivating readers and guiding their development in effective reading and comprehension strategies.
Looking for a lesson plan or teacher’s guide for a specific title?
1) Click on “Teacher’s Guides” located on the right side of this page
2) Type the book title into the General Search Bar at the top of our website to find the book page with teacher’s guide and relevant resources from our educator partners
Teacher’s Guide Features:
- Summary and background information
- Prereading focus questions
- Vocabulary Discussion questions
- Ideas for literature circles
- Ideas for reader’s response and writing activities
- Strategies for ESL/ELL
- Interdisciplinary activities and connections
Interdisciplinary activities and connections Our Active Learner Classroom Guides are always FREE to use online or download. Many of our curriculum and literacy nonprofit partners have also shared their comprehensive, expert lessons based on our books.
If you have additional questions or want to learn about opportunities of sharing educator resources on your website and with your community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.